M Version?

Launch dates, spy shots and rumours... post any news about the Z5 in here
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Great Britain

M Version?

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:08 pm

Some speculation around a 450bhp Z5M version... not much meat on the bones at the moment, but interesting concept:

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/450-h ... 11633.html
--
metal licker
Great Britain

M Version?

Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:13 am

Think if BMW are serious about making the Z5 a success it needs a real M car to top the range
If there had been a E89 M with a manual box I'd own one now :(
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Great Britain

M Version?

Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:16 am

metal licker wrote:Think if BMW are serious about making the Z5 a success it needs a real M car to top the range
On a separate note, I wonder when we will see the last performance car with a manual box made, BMW seem to be one of the few holding out... even Ferrari and Porsche are going the way of the flappy paddle.
--
metal licker
Great Britain

M Version?

Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:17 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
metal licker wrote:Think if BMW are serious about making the Z5 a success it needs a real M car to top the range
On a separate note, I wonder when we will see the last performance car with a manual box made, BMW seem to be one of the few holding out... even Ferrari and Porsche are going the way of the flappy paddle.
Not a expert with auto cars with the first one being the 435d (which is shockingly fast ) we've just got,I get the ease of use around town but don't enjoy it as much when having a bit of a blast about :?
IMO it will be a sad day if the manual goes completely
BuzyG
Algeria

M Version?

Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:00 pm

Needs to be a full on ///M version. There must be loads of Z4///M drivers that have not bought an E89, simply because the car is too grown up and dare I say not ///M enough. :poke:
tomscott
Great Britain

M Version?

Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:45 pm

I think that is one of the range failings of the E89 because they are good cars just lacking the seriousness of a sports car that would have been realised. It also gives people something to strive for. Today people still have the same argument should I go M or not with the E85/E86 because of the heritage gives the model some oomph!

I would like to see both tbh to give people the option but a smoother manual that isnt as notchy.
Bing
Great Britain

M Version?

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Just seen this article... not looking like great news, but it's all rumour and speculation anyway.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/fu ... new-supra/

M division might not have anything to do with the initial model release, but I guess if it's popular enough - much more than the e89 - then the M chaps will start sniffing around. It was after all only the facelift of the E85 that got the treatment.

Return to “Z5 discussion”